I always made a habit of making gratitude lists in early recovery and every time I call a certain experienced woman in my recovery circle, she “suggests” I begin doing it again. I will be honest with you, when she says it, I get annoyed. I get annoyed for the same reason I always get annoyed when I am suggested to do something that is good for me. Because I am being arrogant and thinking that the simple things are below me. You see, ladies, I am an over proud brat sometimes and keeping it simple is not my strong suit. So, I will be making daily gratitude lists every day for the rest of this YEAR. It doesn’t take long and I have so much to be grateful for. Especially the simple things.
- I am clean
- Hot coffee
- I have more love in my life than I can handle
- Feeling my feelings
- Julie, Amy, Lauren, and all of the Sober Mommies guest posters sharing their hearts with all of us
- Toddler language
- Hot water
- Food in my fridge
- My house is a home
- The addict who seeks a new way of life today
- The families that never gave up on us
- My windows have curtains on them, not dirty blankets
Have a safe holiday season. You deserve all of the love and care recovery has in store for you!
What are you grateful for?